Here you will find a quick guide for the use of the interactive maps of the Puerto Rico Energy Commission. If you have any question, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you in the use of our interactive tools.
Basic map elements:
- Base maps: The base map is composed of discrete layers of information such as neighbourhoods, roads, rivers, lakes, developments, among other data.
- Layers: Overlapping layers consist of additional information above the base map. It may be composed of points, lines or polygons whose goal is to give meaning to the map. These layers may contain information of energy consumption or the location of power plants.
- Navigation tools: Maps have a number of tools that streamline navigation to areas of interest within the map. These navigation tools are in the top left within the framework of the map.
- Map legend: The legend is at the lower right and it helps to understand the symbology used for map overlay layers.
- Data inspection tools: Sometimes the map contains tools used to inspect the data interactively. These tools are located in the upper right within the framework of the map.
- Layer interactivity: For more information click over the points of interest, polygons or lines in order to display popups with information available.
Our interactive maps were developed using the MapBox JS API. Some maps layers were designed using TileMill and used by the MapBox JS API.